Welcome to a special holiday edition of Inside the Greenroom, the 5 Magazine podcast with editor Czarina Mirani and this week’s special guest – 5 Mag contributing editor and the host of the old 5 Mag Radio Show, Mr. Rees Urban!
You can listen here and subscribe via iTunes as well. Rate and subscribe if you like it. 🙂
Inside the Greenroom features a new episode every two weeks in which the staff, family & friends of 5 Magazine run down the issues of the day, music industry news, Chicago and Midwest events and happenings, our Editor’s Picks and more.
Shownotes, links and other info below:
Inside the Greenroom Episode #3: The Holiday Special Show Notes
Intro Track: OutKast: My Favorite Things (Speakerboxxx/The Love Below)
– Special guest (and former 5 Mag Radio Show cohost) Rees Urban
– Rees’ history of the Dance Mania label
– 5 Mag’s December 2014 Issue is out now
– Golf Clap/Country Club Disco at the Grasshopper in Detroit
– Chicago loves Mark Farina
– Gramaphone Records and the famous DJs that worked there
– Rees’ resume of record store jobs
– Audio Clip: Mark Farina on record store culture vs. the digital experience from our December issue cover story
– Why do records sound bad once you take them home?
– Rees gets fired
– Is the mystery bag at record stores worth it?
– Editor’s picks
(a) Rees (“Shake That” by T. Williams)
(b) Cz (“I’ve Had Enough” by Frankie Knuckles, remixed by the Shapeshifters)
– Rubb Sound System & Pair of Jacks
Outro Track: Christmas Time is Here (A Charlie Brown Christmas)