A soulful séance — the type of track that demands dim lighting and a room full of atmosphere — gets a pair of remixes each from two of the best. The original mix of vocalist Miranda Nicole’s “Build A Bridge” was produced by NDATL head Kai Alcé, which guarantees a certain level of excellence from the drop. With additional keys by Byron The Aquarius, the original is a perfectly-pitched pop song, with Rhodes twinkling and a chorus that fills up the most broken hearted soul with love.
The remixes are where the DJ action is. DJ Beloved conducts, captures and bottles up the vibe of Kool & The Gang’s “Summer Madness” (the 10 hour edit of course) for his remixes, but it REALLY shows in the instrumental. I almost never pick an instrumental as my favorite mix, especially not when there’s such a powerful vocal on tap, but he really grasped the hand of God on this.
The summer haze floods the B side where Jihad Muhammad’s remixes reside. Afro-Latin rhythms, a righteous organ solo and a flair for the dramatic make this one of the rare records with 5 mixes you can play out, right now. NDATL spoils DJs with releases like this.
Miranda Nicole: Build A Bridge (NDATL Muzik / August 2021 / 12″ Vinyl/Digital)
1. Miranda Nicole: Build A Bridge (Original NDATL Mix) (07:44)
2. Miranda Nicole: Build A Bridge (DJ Beloved BPM Vocal) (07:00)
3. Miranda Nicole: Build A Bridge (DJ Beloved BPM Instrumental) (04:56)
4. Miranda Nicole: Build A Bridge (Jihad Muhammed Bang The Drum Remix) (08:03)
5. Miranda Nicole: Build A Bridge (Jihad Muhammed Bang The Drum Remix Instrumental) (08:03)
⚪️ Disclosure Statement: This record was not submitted as a promo.