“Brassy” is an understatement: Anderson Soares’ new single “Blown Away” takes a virtuoso trumpet performance from Paulinho Ribeiro and builds a love cult around it. The Main Mix and Soares Reprise are for the first track of the night or the set: a soulful house workout that spares none of the funk but takes its time. More conventional is the Soares Groove Mix that gives a pretty good view of the world of what a workhorse Soulful House record circa 2017 sounds like: luscious chords, a loose groove and a bass that never stops moving.
I’ve reviewed a record from this label before, but this one lists Adam Cruz as co-executive producer. That’s a name that is New York City dance music gentry if not royalty for his frenzy of activity and grandmaster role in the city’s heyday. Pretty much everything Adam touched reached a threshold of quality that made it a product you’d be happy to claim credit for and call your own, and so it is with this one.
Anderson Soares: Blown Away (Urbano Recordings)
1. Anderson Soares: Blown Away (Soares Main Mix) (6:53)
2. Anderson Soares: Blown Away (Soares No Solo Mix) (6:38)
3. Anderson Soares: Blown Away (Soares Reprise Mix) (6:17)
4. Anderson Soares: Blown Away (Soares Beats) (5:20)
5. Anderson Soares: Blown Away (Soares Groove Mix) (6:50)
[…] 5 Mag Review. Anderson Soares: Blown Away […]
Comments are closed.