Lay-Far leaves traces in everything he touches. His remix of “Back Where It All Began” from 6th Borough Project’s 2017 album Find Your Rhythm is the standout track on the 12″ remix record released this month by Fifty Fathoms Deep. Lay-Far lays down a thicket of energetic hip hop beats with a groove rattling around in the bass bins. It’s surprising but a number of Russian deep house producers share this sound – an affinity for hip hop and a preternatural, instinctive understanding of how to make it work in a deep house context. And it does.
6th Borough Project: Find Your Rhythm Remixed Part 1 | EP / Fifty Fathoms Deep
1. 6th Borough Project: Someday – Mathias Schober Remix (05:30)
2. 6th Borough Project: Back Where It All Began – Lay-Far Remix (05:47)
3. 6th Borough Project: Find Your Rhythm – Afrobad Remix (06:28)
4. 6th Borough Project: Release – Jad & The Remix (05:19)
5. 6th Borough Project: One Way Out – Deep Space Orchestra Remix (07:11)